Tuesday, March 31, 2009
MEDIA ADVISORY: KALBARYO OF THE URBAN POOR
Attention: News Editor, News Desk, Reporters and Photojournalists
KALBARYO OF THE URBAN POOR
April 1, 2009
Photo ops at Liwasang Bonifacio (10:00 -11:00 AM)
· Jesus on a horse
· Palm waving crowds as he enters Jerusalem
· Giant cross, requires 25 men to carry it.
· Dancers (Palaspas Dance)
March (11:00 -12:00)
· Crowd of 3,000, led by Jesus mounted, palm waving crowds, 30-foot cross, and Palaspas dancers moves toward Plaza Miranda.
Plaza Miranda (1:00 PM)
· Re-enactment in song and dance of Jesus’ passion, death and resurrection.
· Reading of the Urban Poor Charter – needs and demand of the poor
· Individual prayer and the cross
· Voices of the poor
Quiapo Church (3:00 PM)
· Mass with Cardinal Gaudencio Rosales and other priests and bishops. The Cardinal will speak on the poor and the Church. (See History of Kalbaryo)